Aug 08, 2022
MSFT 1570 - Secure User Endpoint and Server Systems
This course introduces students to the process of designing safeguards for secure server based platforms and endpoint devices. Students learn how to assemble the design team, assess and quantify risks, and recommend countermeasures and remedial activities for securing server based and endpoint technology in a networked environment. Student develop their analytical skills, their ability to define a problem, and develop a plan of action. The course gives students the foundational knowledge needed to prepare for the Microsoft 98-367 exam - Security Fundamentals.
Instructional Method Lecture
Successful completion of MSFT 2605 Windows Client Operating System, MSFT 1520 Windows Server Networking, and COSC 2020 Linux Fundamentals or CSEC 1500 Computer Network Security +, or instructor consent.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MSFT 1570 Secure User Endpoint and Server Systems, the student will:
- identify key members of a security design team.
- evaluate common assets and value to a typical business and industry.
- describe risks and threats common to a typical business and industry.
- estimate potential loss, frequency of loss and the cost of the risk.
- outline countermeasures and remedial activities for common assets in relation to points of access.
- recognize a framework for security that includes prevention, detection, isolation, and recovery.
- devise a strategy for securing endpoint devices to include but not limited to desktops, laptops, smart devices and the operating systems contained therein.
- assemble a strategy for security server platforms to include Windows and Linux operating systems, cloud and virtualized environments.
- model secure network administration and support procedures.
- indicate an action plan for security countermeasure implementation.
- formulate an action plan for effective monitoring and remediation of newly identified risk.
- express policies that outline goals, assigns responsibility, documents procedures that support and maintain the security plan.
- review an incident response plan.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)