PEPR 2137 - Personal Trainer Education II
This course is a follow-up to PEPR 2135 - Personal Trainer Education I and bridges the gap between exercise science related coursework and the practical application skills for personal training. Students learn how to design and implement exercise prescriptions and successful goal attainment for multiple populations. It is designed to prepare students to take the National Council on Strength and Fitness Personal Trainer Certification exam.
Instructional Method Separate Lecture and Lab
PEPR 2135 - Personal Trainer Education I with a grade of “C” or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of PEPR 2137 Personal Trainer Education II , the student will:
- conduct fitness assessments.
- design effective exercise programs that incorporate aerobic and anaerobic training techniques.
- demonstrate proper exercise technique.
- employ proper exercise progression techniques.
- practice risk management.
- practice fitness counseling.
- develop appropriate exercise guidelines for special populations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)