Dec 05, 2021
SPAN 2030 - Second Year Spanish I
This course serves as a review and expansion of the basic structures of Spanish commonly taught at the introductory level, while providing ample opportunities for students to build vocabulary, communication, and writing skills.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
SPAN 1020 - 1st Year Spanish II or adequate score on CLEP exam or instructor consent.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of SPAN 2030 Second Year Spanish I, the student will:
- Discuss the use of technology and electronic products.
- Handle telephone expressions.
- Manage car problems.
- Cultivate people by welcoming them to a house.
- Describe a house or apartment.
- Prioritize household chores.
- Develop instructions.
- Explain the environment.
- Explore beliefs and opinions about environmental issues.
- Prescribe advice to others.
- Outline directions.
- Identify daily errands and city life.
- Analyze cultural stereotypes encountered in oral and written texts.
- Recognize the reflections of practices, products, and/or perspectives of the target culture in oral and written texts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)