THEA 1100 - Beginning Acting
This course covers the fundamentals of acting through exercises, improvisations, and limited scene work. As acting is a process, the emphasis is on the activities more than on polished performances and scenes.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Visual and Performing Arts
Comments: This course meets UW’s Human Culture requirement.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of THEA 1100 Beginning Acting, the student will:
- Apply foundational acting techniques
- Compare acting performances
- Explain foundational acting principles
- Incorporate foundational acting skills
- Critique acting performances
Theater & Dance AA
PO#1 Create a character in a given scenario
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)