Aug 15, 2022
MSFT 1650 - Technology Lab
This course is designed to provide hands-on lab assignments to give students an opportunity to take the concepts they learn in program courses, put them into practice and build a range of demonstrable skills expected by employers. The course may be taken no more than two times.
Instructional Method Lab
Successful completion of MSFT 1745 A+ Computer Maintenance and MSFT 1510 Windows Client Operating System and concurrent enrollment or successful completion of MSFT 1520 Windows Server Networking and COSC 2020 Linux Fundamentals. A student repeating the class must have successful completion of CSCO 2000 Cisco: CCNA 1 and CSCO 2020 Cisco CCNA 2.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MSFT 1650 Technology Lab , the student will:
- practice safe work habits.
- interpret installation, upgrade and repair instructions.
- assemble component parts to build, upgrade or repair computer hardware.
- identify correct installation and configuration of desktop and server operating systems.
- demonstrate correct cabling construction techniques.
- show correct wired and wireless network development.
- implement configuration options for security best practices.
- practice an effective troubleshooting methodology.
- demonstrate customer service delivery.
- practice traits that are pertinent to job performance: attitude, initiative, job knowledge, quality and safety.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)