Mar 30, 2020
CHIN 1010 - First Year Chinese I
This course primarily emphasizes listening and speaking skills, although reading and writing skills are developed. The students communicate in Chinese for everyday purposes, and are introduced to the social and cultural background of China. This course lays a solid foundation for further study of the language
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CHIN 1010 First Year Chinese I , the student will:
- Interface with people.
- Describe oneself and others.
- Communicate likes, dislikes, and personal information.
- Communicate daily routines.
- Develop communication skills needed in restaurants.
- Discover field of study and academic subjects.
- Explain pastimes.
- Validate travel plans.
- Express shopping plans.
- Demonstrate some cultural knowledge in oral and written presentations.
- Imitate the use of culturally appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and non-verbal behaviors of the target culture.
Add to Portfolio