CNTK 1975 - Carpentry Framing and Finishing
This course provides students training in advanced carpentry framing and finishing as used in the commercial and residential construction industry.
Instructional Method Lecture
Successful completion of, or concurrent enrollment in, CNTK 1560 Construction Safety and Use of Tools; or NCCER Core Curriculum certification; or instructor consent.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CNTK 1975 Carpentry Framing and Finishing, the student will:
- Practice and implement safe work practices.
- Use commercial blueprint reading skills.
- Identify drywall installation and finishing.
- Identify framing and exterior finishing systems.
- Describe suspended ceiling systems.
- Describe wall and ceiling framing.
- Identify cabinet installation techniques.
- Describe window and exterior door installation procedures.
PO#1 Integrate information from residential and commercial blueprints to solve building problems
PO#4 Perform wood cutting and milling operations
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)