Mar 21, 2023
GERM 1010 - First Year German I
This course primarily emphasizes listening and speaking skills, although reading and writing skills are developed. The students begin to develop the ability to understand spoken and written German. The students begin to develop the skill to communicate in basic situations.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of GERM 1010 First Year German, the student will:
- Interface with people.
- Describe oneself and others.
- Communicate personal information.
- Communicate routine.
- Develop communication skills needed in restaurants.
- Discover academic subject.
- Explain pastimes.
- Validate travel plans.
- Express shopping plans.
- Demonstrate some cultural knowledge in oral and written presentations.
- Imitate the use of culturally appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and non-verbal behaviors of the target culture.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)