INET 1580 - Web Page Authoring
This course covers the fundamental concept and practices of creating web content. Students begin by developing a basic web page and move on to developing a basic website. Topics include: organizing content; working with page layout; writing well-formed, valid HTML, working with cascading style sheets (CSS); linking to external websites and files on the Web. This course involves hands-on web page creation, giving students sufficient knowledge and confidence to design, develop and maintain quality web sites.
Instructional Method Lecture
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of INET 1580 Web Page Authoring, the student will:
- define basic web page terminology.
- construct a variety of web pages using HTML5 and CSS.
- construct pages using web page authoring software.
- construct responsive pages.
- differentiate between the structure and style of a web page.
- customize pages using only CSS.
- apply proper HTML structure to content.
- analyze pages for content, styling, and web compliance.
- use an IDE to build a web page.
- interpret results of web page validation tools.
- select appropriate photo formats for use in web pages.
Web Development AAS
PO#1 Use markup languages to present information in web pages.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)