INET 2895 - Web Design Capstone Seminar
This course allows students to synthesize the skills and knowledge from all coursework in Web Development, and to highlight and demonstrate those skills. Students participate in an individual or group class project requiring research, design, construction, and maintenance of a complete web application or CMS based web site. Students are encouraged to work with a client from initial interview through presentation of final project.
Instructional Method Lecture
INET 2000 Web Programming II and INET 2010 Data Driven Web Sites, with a C or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of INET 2895 Web Design Capstone Seminar, the student will:
- develop a specification document.
- produce a feature rich web application or CMS backed web site.
- use programming best practices in the development of the project.
- author appropriate comments in code.
- integrate web services.
- construct a solution that includes a database.
- present the final site to faculty, client or community.
- author project summary.
Web Development AAS
PO#1 Use markup languages to present information in web pages.
PO#4 Use multiple web technologies to build dynamic web applications connected to data repositories.
PO#6 Apply programming knowledge in the creation and maintenance of programs and scripts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)