ITEC 2360 - Educational Technology Theory & Applications
This course is an introduction to the theories and hands-on applications of appropriate and effective uses of technology for teaching and learning. Course experiences include hardware/software selection and use, distance education, adaptive technology, integrated applications, and multimedia applied to all areas of education.
Instructional Method Lecture
EDFD 2020 - Foundations of Education, and completion of or concurrent enrollment in EDFD 2100 - Educational Psychology
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ITEC 2360 Educational Technology Theory and Applications, the student will:
- Explore a variety of educational technologies and their impact on teaching and learning.
- Explore state and national educational technology standards.
- Design teaching strategies appropriately utilizing technology.
- Develop student learning activities meaningfully integrating technology into learning.
- Apply technology learning theory to practical learning environments.
- Construct a professional webpage.
- Construct an e-portfolio.
- Integrate educational technologies to enhance the presentation of information.
- Construct educational software, Internet and library resources
- Evaluate the appropriateness of digital media used for communication and learning
- Identify ethical, legal, and societal issues that pertain to educational technologies in the K-12 environment.
- Engage in professional conversations regarding the use of educational technology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)