MCHT 2900 - Computer Aided Machining II
This course is designed to introduce the learner to multi-axis machining. Students use CAM software to create toolpaths in order to generate programs for multi-axis programming. These programs are used to operate Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machining Centers.
Instructional Method Separate Lecture and Lab
Completion of MCHT 2800 Computer Aided Machining with a ‘C’ or better, or instructor consent
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MCHT 2900 Computer Aided Machining II, the student will:
- Create 4 & 5 axis toolpaths for Machining centers using Computer Aided Machining software.
- Set up the Machining centers.
- Create parts using generated code.
- Evaluate part dimensions to see if they meet desired tolerances.
- Interpret computer generated code to produce accurate parts.
- Operate Machining centers in a safe manner.
- Post process code using CAM software.
- Apply skills essential to succeed with-in the field of computer aided machining.
- Apply knowledge using CAM software in a manufacturing environment.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)