Sep 24, 2023
CMAP 1815 - Database Applications
This course is designed to help students learn the foundational concepts to design, develop, and maintain a small to medium relational database that supports a data driven approach to business and analytics. Students design and develop effective reports that can be used to mine data to support informed business decisions and to track business performance over time.
Instructional Method Lecture
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CMAP 1815 Database Applications, the student will:
- discuss databases and use of data within industry, healthcare and education.
- develop business requirements related to data needs.
- plan a database structure to collect and house data.
- interpret a relational database structure.
- exhibit database design best practices.
- prepare electronic data input forms.
- create simple and advanced queries.
- present data output in informational formats suitable for analytics.
- integrate outside applications in the use of the database.
- develop a dashboard that is informative and interactive.
- manage databases.
- define database protection.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)