Dec 09, 2022
WELD 2780 - Automated Welding & Curring Processes
This course covers basic Fanuc 100iC programming, welding and Torchmate Computer Numeric Control (CNC) cutting system programming and operation on industry used equipment.
WELD 1773 GMAW and ENTK 1500 Engineering Graphics
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of Weld 2780 Automated Welding & Cutting Processes, the student will:
- Distinguish between safe and unsafe working environments.
- Manipulate a robot using a teach pendant.
- Program a robot to produce linear moves and circular moves.
- Develop welding instructions to perform a specific job using the teach pendant.
- Construct base coordinates using a teach pendant.
- Create weaving parameters using a teach pendant.
- Prepare a welding job which contains Linear and Circular moves.
- Demonstrate calling up programs within a program.
- Perform editing functions within the CNC program.
- Demonstrate adding AutoCAD drawings into Torchmate software.
- Demonstrate exporting programs from the Torchmate software to the CNC table.
- Setup cut parameters to match materials.
- Calibrate material coordinates.
- Calibrate program coordinates to material coordinates.
Instructional Method Separate Lecture and Lab
Contact Hours: approx 6 hours/week
Comments: elective course in welding program
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)